CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS FOR CRYPTON ENIGMA FABRICS
Throughout the years we have recommended that a mild powered enzyme detergent mixed with water is a very effective way to clean Crypton. It still is. If you choose to use an enzyme detergent, mix 5 parts water with 1 part enzyme detergent (like Tide®/Cheer®).
EASY CLEANING STEPS
- If the spot has dried, try lightly brushing or scrape off the residual. Wipe with wet towel.
- If a spot still remains, apply the soap and water solution to the spot with a light mist.
- Work area using soft brush or edge of spoon from outside of spot towards the middle.
- Allow solution to work for approximately one minute.
- Extract with clean water or blot with clean soft white towel.
- Repeat steps 3-5 as necessary until spot is removed.
- Rinse with clear lukewarm water and blot with a clean soft white towel as the final step.
Again ...make positively certain all soap is completely removed as soap residue will attract more dirt.
- Before cleaning, vacuum the upholstery.
- Never spread the spot to the surrounding clean fiber.
- Go slowly; repeat the steps until the spot is removed.
- Do not use a stiff brush that may scratch or tear fibers in the fabric.
- Always seek to reduce the size of the spot
- As always, test the soap and water solution in a hidden area before proceeding.
Steam cleaning is another fine method of thoroughly cleaning Crypton. Spots can be removed by pre-treating them with the soap solution outlined above or a pre-treatment solution from the steam cleaning company. Most solutions provided by these companies are acceptable for Crypton fabrics.
**Never use solvent cleaners on Crypton fabric.**
For really easy and effective cleaning Crypton manufactures fabric cleaners that are ready to use, and can be ordered at www.cryptoncare.com
CLEANING PROCEDURES USING CRYPTON CARE PRODUCTS:
Spot Cleaning & Extraction
- Identify stain and use the stain chart on www.cryptoncare.com to select the appropriate cleaner, Crypton Care Gold (Protein cleaner) or Crypton Care Purple (Ink, Grease and Iodine cleaner).
- Remove any excess residue with the back of the Crypton upholstery brush. Spray the spot, lightly brush with the soft bristled Crypton upholstery brush, allow the cleaner to sit for a minute, and blot with a clean, dry towel.
- If spot still remains, repeat the spray, brush & blot process.
- For stubborn stains, thoroughly wet the surface with the cleaners (both), brush and blot.
- To keep upholstery looking new, use the Crypton Upholstery Extraction concentrate at a rate of 4 oz of concentrate per gallon of water in Crypton Care "Ruby" extractor or a similar water extraction machine to periodically extract the upholstery.
- Always rinse well with clean water from the extractor to remove any residue.
Disinfecting Crypton: To kill bacteria, remove odors and prevent mold and mildew, the newly EPA approved Crypton Fabric Disinfectant and Deodorizer should be used. Extract using a water extraction machine, like the Crypton Care "Ruby" extractor, to remove the soiled spot. Apply a mist of Crypton Fabric Disinfectant and Deodorizer to the surface and keep the area wet for ten (10) minutes. Crypton Fabric Disinfectant and Deodorizer is a quaternary disinfectant, virucidal, and will prevent mold and mildew when used as directed. This process will provide a Crypton surface that is germ free!
Note: This hospital grade disinfectant can be used on other hard, inanimate surfaces for the same disinfecting qualities.
Deodorizing INCASE Fabric: Because INCASE fabric does not have a moisture barrier it can not be disinfected but it can be freshened using Crypton Disinfectant and Deodorizer.
Bleach Cleaning: A 10% bleach solution may be used to disinfect Crypton if the fiber is 100% polyester. We recommend always testing in an inconspicuous area first.
For more information visit www.cryptoncare.com.
|content||100% polyester||100% polyester||100% polyester||100% polyester|
|repeat||7.25" H x 9.3" V||9.4" H x 3.5" V||9.5" x 5.0"V||1.93" x 2.4"V|
|weight||15 oz/lin yd||15 oz/lin yd||15 oz/lin yd||15 oz/lin yd|
|abrasion||50,000 double rubs||50,000 double rubs||50,000 double rubs||50,000 double rubs|
|crocking||dry: class 5||dry: class 5||dry: class 5||dry: class 5|
|wet: class 5||wet: class 5||wet: class 5||wet: class 5|
|lightfastness||exceeds 40 hrs||exceeds 40 hrs||exceeds 40 hrs||exceeds 40 hrs|
|class 5||class 5||class 5||class 5|
|ASTM E-84||class A|
|Part 1: 1979 Cigarette|
|Custom colors available|
|Cards for color reference only|
|Subtle color variation may occur and all fabric lots are a commercial match.|